Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekend Links 2/2

Brown Eyes - Beautiful hope. " She looked up at me, still clinging with her arms wrapped around my waist, with two beautiful brown eyes. Two beautiful brown eyes for the first time in 21 years."

Check Your Motivation for Missions - "Befriending people like the Zhangs and Mrs. Huang reminded me that my passion for 'going to save the lost' would be unsustainable if my fundamental motivation for missions continued to be about me. It could not rely on results or the expectation that people would thank me for the effort."

Modern Worship Music - Thought-provoking post from Shaun Groves about modern worship and its strengths and weaknesses.

Seeing Christ in the Worst Christians - David Murray shares some helpful strategies for loving our brothers and sisters. Part 2 is here.

Grace for Monotonous Work - "Perhaps Chesterton is right, our inability to see God in our daily monotony has less to do with the nature of the tasks and more to do with the effects of sin on our childlike joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment