Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcoming 2013

It's on days like today that my words always seem to fail me. I want to have something profound and thought-provoking to share. The truth is that I just don't, not today at least. I am excited for the year to come. I know that there are many changes that I am not anticipating, some of which I probably won't like.

But I also know that each year has always ended with me looking back and seeing the goodness of the Lord once again. He has promised to bring to completion the work that He has begun (Phil. 1:6), and so for that reason each new year is a reminder of His faithfulness, that He has not left us alone.

He has promised to withhold no good thing from those who love Him (Psalm 84:11), and so each new year is a reminder to look ahead to the good things to come, things that are good not because they are easy, but because they are from the hand of our loving Father.

He has promised that He is coming once again (Acts 1:11), and so each new year is a glorious thing, as it brings us that much closer to His return.

He reigns (Psalm 146:10)! This makes each year full of hope, hope found in knowing that what is going to occur is not due to chance, but to the sovereign hand of the righteous Lord.

It's easy to dread what is to come, or at least to anxiously anticipate it. But our hope is rests on a solid foundation. And because of that foundation, each passing and coming year provides reasons for our hearts to praise His glorious name. May our prayer in 2013 ever be, "Come quickly, Lord Jesus, and may Your name alone be glorified."
"To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." - Rev. 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment