Saturday, November 24, 2012

Weekend Links 11/24

It's been awhile since I've shared links that I came across over the week, but it is a habit that I want to begin again. So without further ado, here are some of the articles and posts that have been a blessing to me recently.

John Owen's Final Words - "The long wished-for day is come at last, in which I shall see the glory in another manner than I have ever done, or was capable of doing in the world."

Faith, Work and Vocation as a Single Woman - I appreciated this article on working in a way that glorifies God in the midst of a desire for marriage and children.

The Devil's Destructive Lies - John Piper on the absolute vitality of prayer in every area of life.

Satan, Sauron and the Blindness of Evil - From Barnabas Piper; particularly appropriate considering the fact that the Hobbit will be released in a few weeks. "By setting out to gain victory over Jesus by killing Him, Satan condemned himself."

The Unbearable Lightness of Being Shannon - From R. C. Sproul Jr. on the death of his daughter Shannon. Don't miss out on this. "She always beheld His glory. The gap for Shannon between earth and heaven was just one small, unsteady step."

No comments:

Post a Comment