Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hawaii and Election Thoughts

I haven't had much extra time to blog these last few weeks - I had a really busy time preparing for my trip to Hawaii (a graduation gift from my Aunt) and then while I was gone I hardly even looked at a computer. I had a great time - we spent almost a week in Kauai, and it was so good to get away from everything for a little while. We ziplined, snorkeled, hiked, shopped, and more...One of the trails we hiked was lined with guava and blackberry bushes - I have never enjoyed freshly-picked fruit along the trail before and it was tasty! On Monday we did an 8 mile hike (longest I've ever done!) out to a stunning 300-foot waterfall. It was absolutely glorious. I don't have pictures yet, but I will be sure to post them when I do.

I'm so thankful that I was able to take this last week off from work and life - it was a blessing to be able to distance myself from everything that has been going on, process through it, and be reminded of what is really important. I'm tired from traveling, but I feel refreshed.

On a completely different note, while we were on the plane flying home last night, they announced the election results. I was disappointed, but regardless of who won the election, the most important things remain the same: our God reigns and He holds the fate of all nations in the palm of His hand. That is ultimately where our assurance rests, not in the hands of whoever runs our country. For that, I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I will look forward to your photos! I love taking pictures, and if I had the chance to go to Hawaii, I would probably fill a few memory cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was better about taking photos - I love having them but I am not so good at making time to take them. I will post them as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete