Wednesday, October 10, 2012

If He Comes, It Is Well

I've been reading through a collection of Samuel Rutherford's letters lately and have been blessed by his wisdom and perspective. One letter in particular has encouraged me greatly, and I thought I would share some of my favorite parts.

"We may indeed think, Cannot God bring us to heaven with ease and prosperity? Who doubteth but He can? But His infinite wisdom thinketh and decreeth the contrary; and though we cannot see a reason for it, yet he hath a most just reason...Nay, whether God come to His children with a rod or a crown, if He come Himself with it, it is well. Welcome, welcome Jesus, what way soever Thou come, if we can get a sight of Thee." - Samuel Rutherford
Amen! If He comes, it ought to indeed be well with our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment