Sunday, October 14, 2012

He Completes the Work


That's how it goes - He completes it. Not me. His timing - not mine - is perfect. So frustrated today by how far I still have to go. So overwhelmed by the sin that I see. Just when I feel like I'm making progress I see so much more that still needs to be accomplished. But I'm reminded that He will complete the work. Someday I will be fully sanctified, fully glorified. But that is not right now.

He is gracious, though, abundantly so. I do not see all my sin right now nor do I need to. What I do see gives me plenty to practice my obedience on. He reveals what I need to know when I need to know it. His goal is not to condemn me but to transform me.

And because of the cross, there is hope! I do not have to be discouraged when I see my sin - it doesn't change my standing before the Lord. Rather, I ought to be encouraged that He is revealing it to me as sin and is gently (and sometimes not-so-gently) loosening my grip on all that my sinful heart holds dear.   Even my grief over my sin is evidence of his gracious work.

No comments:

Post a Comment