Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekend Links 7/7

10 Tips on Solving Mysterious Bible Passages from Sherlock Holmes - This is strangely helpful and really enjoyable to read.

Teach Children that the Bible Isn't About Them - Excellent article from Desiring God. "When we drill a Bible story down into a moral lesson, we make it all about us. But the Bible isn’t mainly about us, and what we are supposed to be doing — it’s about God, and what he has done! When we tie up the story in a nice neat, little package, and answer all the questions, we leave no room for mystery. Or discovery. We leave no room for the child. No room for God."

Gospel Reflections - Oh, how my heart resonates with this. "I'm learning that the more I see of the gospel, the more I see how little I see it. For every inch gained in gospel understanding, I gain a foot in seeing how little I grasp it. I peer over the ledge of grace and see a new hundred foot drop, which enables me to see also that the cliff extends another mile beyond that."

10 Things to Remember when Your Child is Disobedient - Clearly I don't have any kids yet. But I found this so helpful to remember my priorities with my preschoolers at work.

Saturated with Christ - This is so beautiful. "The point is clear: The Old Testament is utterly saturated with Jesus Christ. He is the purpose behind the sacrifices and feasts and laws and all the rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment