Friday, July 13, 2012

On Seasons


I love summer. Shorts, bare feet, ice cream, warm sun, swimming, picnics, warm evenings, beautiful blue skies...it's wonderful. And we are right in the middle of it, which makes it even better. But as much as I love summer, I'm so looking forward to fall. In fall, many dear friends return to San Diego for school. There are crisp mornings that make you want to curl up in a blanket, beautiful leaves (even here in East County, surprisingly enough), Thanksgiving, a time of refocusing and so much more. But then I love winter and spring just as much and am equally excited to look ahead to when I will enjoy them again.


As I sit here enjoying what looks like is going to turn into a summer thunderstorm, I'm excited for what is to come. I'm excited that things do not remain the same. For though there are beautiful blessings that are found in each season, there are also many things that I don't enjoy.  I love the reminder that though the season of life I am experiencing now is not always easy or fun, it will not be here forever - change is coming, often sooner than I anticipate.


I'm also reminded that since this season, both physical and personal, won't last forever, I need to be intentionally looking for and taking advantage of the blessings that are found in this season. They are good, and they will not always be here. 


So I love summer. And I'm not ready for it to be over quite yet. There are many things still to be enjoyed. And I know that the Lord is using the place where He has me right now or I would not be here. There are many blessings yet to be discovered and pursued. It is good and right. And it won't always be here. The more I realize that, the more I will begin to see the beauty of where the Lord has placed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment