Saturday, June 2, 2012

Weekend Links 6/2

It's been a prolific week in the world of blogging, so I have a lot of links to share. Enjoy!

100 Names of Jesus - Wonderful names indeed. May He bring us to our knees.

Summers Are for Seeking Christ - From John Piper. "Don't let summer make your soul shrivel. God made summer as a foretaste of heaven, not a substitute."

When Someone Says, 'The Bible Has Errors' - Excellent article from The Resurgence about the reliability of Scripture.

Kids, We Eat Food - As a preschool teacher, this definitely resonated. "Next time I catch one of my kids with a non-food item headed toward their mouth then I want to remember this. By God’s grace, I want to be aware of when I’m mindlessly filling my soul with things that don’t satisfy. Then I want to purposefully engage my heart, mind, soul, and strength in feasting on God’s love revealed in his word."

Marriage Puts the Glory of God on Display - Aaron Armstrong and John Piper on how marriage is a picture of Christ and the church. It is a beautiful thing, this covenant that God has given us.

Challies, Voskamp and All Us Girls - Excellent thoughts on having a discerning heart. "What are we women doing for our own serious, ongoing theological education? Is our passion for Christ flowing from biblical grounding expressed in ways that accord with our Reformed heritage?"

7 Evils of a Grumbling Spirit - Ouch. This one is convicting. Thoughts from Jeremiah Burroughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment